SWECO AB (publ)Year-end report 2011
Strong growth and higher profitability
October – December 2011
- Net sales of SEK 1,786.1 million (1,479.0).
- Operating profit of SEK 191.6 million (128.5).
- Operating margin of 10.7 per cent (8.7).
- Profit after tax of SEK 129.0 million (85.8) and earnings
per share of SEK 1.41 (0.94).
January – December 2011
- Net sales of SEK 5,987.6 million (5,272.4).
- Operating profit of SEK 531.3 million (432.7).
- Operating margin of 8.9 per cent (8.2).
- Profit after tax of SEK 374.8 million (299.9) and earnings
per share of SEK 4.11 (3.31).
- Strong financial position, net receivable of SEK 140.9 million (240.1).
- The Board proposes a dividend of SEK 3.00 (3.00) per share.
Comments from CEO Mats Wäppling:
“The year ended on a high note for Sweco, with operating profit for the fourth quarter up by close to 50 per cent compared to the same period of last year. Operating margin for the same period was 10.7 per cent and our growth for the quarter was 21 per cent. For the full year, operating profit improved by nearly SEK 100 million over 2010.
“The acquisition of FMC Group with 1,100 employees has significantly strengthened our forefront position in the Nordic region, and Sweco is now also one of the leading players in Finland. The acquisition, which was completed at the beginning of 2012, will give Sweco annual sales of around SEK 6.7 billion and 7,400 employees.
“The fourth quarter saw strong demand for Sweco’s services, in spite of the European debt crisis and general economic slowing. Growing concern about the future direction of the economy is contributing to widespread uncertainty about market development.
“With a profitability and financial strength at the absolute top of the industry, we have excellent potential for sustained growth. Our wide service offering and leading market positions in several key areas of society give us a solid platform for favourable long-term development.”