Buildings and urban areas
The cities of the world grow, and they grow quick. Sweco offers a perspective that guarantees long-term sustainable solutions without compromising on aesthetics.
Half of the world’s population lives in cities. We at Sweco are experts at designing with a holistic perspective, whether it’s a brand-new city district or a building in need of modernisation. Our collective expertise, insight into local conditions and long experience of working closely alongside our clients are all key to our work.
Building service systems
Our building service systems consultants create comfortable indoor climates in buildings and facilities.
- Energy analysis and environmental certification
- Design of electrical, telecom and security systems
- Fire safety engineering and risk analysis
- HVAC and sanitation
Our structural engineers create buildings focusing on safety and functionality, with load-bearing structures that harmonise with the overall design, indoor environment and the client’s business.
- Steel, timber and glass structures design
- Building construction design
- Industrial structures design
- Construction economics
Our urban planning experts bring the possibilities of tomorrow to our clients of today. We provide analysis and forecasts, as well as master plans for new sustainable city districts.
- Statistics and forecasts
- Analysis and strategy
- Planning and design
Our project managers act as the link between the client’s vision and the tangible implementation of complex urban development projects.
- Project and design management
- Property development and management
- Site supervision
Our IT experts are superior at managing and processing data produced by the city, to streamline everything from transportation to water flows.
- Systems development and big data
- Data coordination and BIM
- 3D visualisation and geographical analyses
- Strategy and operational support