SWECO AB (publ) Interim report January-March 2017
Strongest quarter so far
January – March 2017
- Net sales increased to SEK 4,408 million (4,018), organic growth was 7 per cent
- EBITA increased to SEK 494 million (228), margin 11.2 per cent (5.7)
- EBIT increased to SEK 477 million (205), margin 10.8 per cent (5.1)
- Net debt decreased to SEK 1,536 million (2,033)
- Net debt/EBITDA decreased to 0.8 times (2.1)
- Profit after tax increased to SEK 360 million (148), corresponding to SEK 3.01 per share (1.24)
Comments from the CEO Tomas Carlsson:
Sweco started the year with the strongest quarter to date. EBITA increased by SEK 266 million to SEK 494 million, primarily driven by strong calendar tail wind. Positive effects from the Grontmij acquisition also contributed.
Our main priority is continued operational improvements. We remain focused on our customers, internal efficiency and having the best people in our business, in line with Sweco’s operating model.
Backed by a strong financial position and as the market-leading architecture and engineering consultancy in Europe, Sweco is well-positioned for continued value-creating growth. Our strategy for the future is to repeat our history. We will continue to strengthen our Northern European footprint, through acquisitions and organic growth.
Overall, the market for Sweco’s services is good. The Swedish market remains strong. The markets in Norway, Denmark, Western Europe and Central Europe are generally good. The markets in the Netherlands and Finland are improving.