Sweco will consolidate its position as the industry leader in the Nordic market, strengthen its positions in the emerging markets of Central and Eastern Europe and consider the opportunities for expansion in Western Europe. The focus is on long-term growth segments such as energy, infrastructure, and water and environment. This growth will take place both organically and through acquisitions. All growth will be accompanied by strict profitability requirements.
Results and activities in 2011
- Organic growth of 9 per cent.
- Acquisition-driven growth of 6 per cent.
- The number of employees passed 3,000 in Sweco Sweden and 1,000 in Sweco Norway.
- 16 acquisitions completed in areas such as infrastructure in Russia, water and environment in Slovakia, fire protection in Norway, project management in Estonia, and regional statistics and forecasts in Sweden.
- Agreement to acquire FMC Group in Finland with over 1,100 employees (completed at the beginning of 2012).